Today on the FI Garage The Mechanic and The Accountant have a Red Truck IPA and get to speak with Robinson Smith, author of Master Your Mortgage for Financial Freedom. Robinson’s father Fraser created the Smith Manoeuvre in order to help Canadian’s make their debt tax-deductible and help more Canadians achieve financial freedom. Robinson has now picked up the torch and released a new book to help you master your mortgage and build wealth.
Beer – Red Truck Hard Day Northwest IPA [0:42]
- Basic’s of the Smith Manoeuvre (3:01)
- Maintaining your total debt (8:00)
- Deductible Debt vs Non-deductible debt (8:58)
- Tax-free day (14:05)
- Reducing your taxes (15:05)
- The after-tax cost of borrowing (22:20)
- Capitalization of interest (23:15)
- Cash Flow Dam (35:12)
- Test run of Smith Manoeuvre calculator (40:40)
Don’t forget to leave your comments on the episode page by the end of February 29th, 2019 in order for a chance to win a copy of the book and exclusive access to the calculator.