In today’s episode, the guys discuss the most exciting topic in finance, Bonds! Do you need them in your portfolio? If you found this podcast you’re probably familiar with the FIRE movement that has grown in popularity recently. Here at the FI Garage, we’re all on the path to FI, however, we consider the RE part optional.
Libations – [1:25]
- Category 12 Pilsner [1:25]
- A Jack Wagon is a slang term derived from the Freight or Chow wagons used in the late 19th century. These were often the last wagons in a wagon train, making them the least favorable to drive due to the dust, waste, and debris from the front of the train. When used as in insult it refers to one’s lack of intelligence, implying the insultee is capable of no more than operating a Chow wagon [2:22].
- Can we buy the rights to James Bond films? Yes – How to Invest in Royalties via The Income Investors [8:10]
- Annuities vs. Bonds: What’s the Difference? via Investopedia [15:10]
- Is there an Alternative Investment to Bonds to hedge against stocks? The latest ChooseFI episode (193) talks about which types of Bonds might provide diversification from Stocks [18:45]
- VGRO, VBAL, VCNS [21:30]
- Understanding the chatter around negative interest rates via Money Sense [24:10]
- Rational Reminder’s Bond Performance Summary [28:22]
- Co-Power Bonds [28:50]
- Victoria Curling Club [30:00]
- The High Risk of Bonds via Unconventional Wisdom