The guys discuss how hard it has been to not hit the panic button and buy everything in sight. If you found this podcast you’re probably familiar with the FIRE movement that has grown in popularity recently. Here at the FI Garage, we’re all on the path to FI, however, we consider the RE part optional.
Beer – Bowen Island Artisan IPA [1:20]
- Brought to you by Monique from Ontario, the winner of our Smith Manoeuver contest.
- The Mechanic wants to know what the safe withdrawal rate on his toilet paper is (3:17)
- Bidet Stocks (3:25)
- We discuss the struggle to not panic buy ETFs and Stocks (4:01)
- Purchasing cruise ship stocks (7:02)
- The path to FI can give you more certainty and security in uncertain times (9:40)
- Having an Emergency Plan (11:45)
- Spending less so we have more available for investments (12:05)
- Risks of rental properties with tenants not being able to pay rent and the possibility of reduced rents (14:30)
- Listener Sean had some pointed comments on our interview with Randy Molland (16:35 & 22:35)
- Listener RJ commented on our Distracted by FI episode (22:05)
- Panic selling and adding to your woes (24:28)
- Why it’s nice that real estate is way more difficult to panic sell (26:45)
- How having an investment plan can help you stay the course (29:20)