In this episode, the guys tackle the obligatory RRSP discussion and how those focused on FI can use them. If you found this podcast you’re probably familiar with the FIRE movement that has grown in popularity recently. Here at the FI Garage, we’re all on the path to FI, however, we consider the RE part optional.
Beer – Radegast 12 [0:35]
Useful Tool – spaceishare [3:09]
- TaxTips web site [12:18 & 29:48]
- The Garage Manoeuvre – Request to Reduce Tax Deductions at Source [16:49]
- Set up a recurring deposit into an RRSP account;
- Request a letter from your Brokerage outlining the details of your recurring deposit;
- Fill out a form T1213 and send both the letter and the form to the CRA; and
- Take the letter the CRA sends you to your payroll department.
- Asset Location via the Rational Reminder [21:30]
- Norbit’s Gambit: How to Exchange Money Without Paying Fees via Millenial Revolution [22:38]
- Home Buyers’ Plan [26:10]
- What it takes to Retire at 45 via Money Sense [34:30]
- The Best Types of Accounts for Different Investments via Freedom Thirty Five Blog [38:50]