Financial Independence Retire Early. If you found this podcast you’re probably familiar with the FI/RE movement that has grown in popularity recently. Here at the FI Garage, we’re all on the path to FI, however, we consider the RE part optional. In this episode, the Mechanic, the Accountant, and the Economist sample a couple of beers and have a discussion about what FI is and what it means to us. It’s a philosophy you can act on now to improve your personal finances and ultimately improve your happiness.
Beer #1 – Yellow Dog Hazy IPA
The Why of FI
- Freedom from consumerism and the rat race
- Time is the most important thing –Your money or your life
- This is also a lyric in Last Night by the Traveling Wilburys
- Make your money decisions wiser, so your money goes further and makes you happier
- FI isn’t just about quitting your job, it’s about designing the life you want.
- FI is a mindset, the decision to use math for everything.
- FI isn’t about being so frugal you live a deprived life, it’s about making smart decisions with your money.
- Choose FI – Pillars of FI
- World’s youngest FIRE.
Beer #2 – Vancouver Island Hazy IPA
Stupid Money Move
- Paying too much for cell phones, the fact that people are paying almost $100 per month for the exact same services they can get for $50 or less
- Hello, Telco Calling Overpaying for cell phones
We’re new to this podcasting thing so we’d love to get some feedback from you. What can we do better? Are there any topics you would like us to explore? Leave us a comment below…